1. List of things to do
- Make an application for PAN allocation using ‘Form 49A.’
- Fill out the application in English block letters, preferably using black ink.
Please provide two current color pictures (size 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm).
- Please sign the box inside the box.
- If a thumb imprint is used on the application form, it must be confirmed by a Magistrate, a Notary Public, or a Gazetted Officer, and must have the official seal and stamp.
- In the application, supply the right AO code.
- If the applicant is a member of the armed forces, please use the AO code listed below.
- PNE W 55 3 (Army)
- DEL W 72 2 DEL W 72 2 DEL W 72 2 DEL W 72 2 DEL W 72 2
- As required by Rule 114 (4) of the Income Tax Rules, 1962, attach proof of identity (POI), proof of address (POA), and proof of date of birth (PODB – for individual and HUF).
- Provide the POI, POA, and PODB that have the same names as the application.
- If the applicant is a Minor, Idiot, Lunatic, or Deceased, submit information of the Representative Assessee in column 14 of the application form.
- If a Representative Assessee is appointed, also submit POI and POA for the Representative Assessee.
- Fill provide the whole postal address in the application, including the landmark.
- In the address area, be sure to include the right pin code.
- In the application, including your phone number and e-mail address.
2. List of things to don´t
- Make no changes to the program or replace it.
- The picture should not be pinned or stapled.
- Signing across the box is not permitted (i.e. signature should be within the box)
- Do not offer POI and POA that are not in the applicant’s name.
- Along with the signature, do not enter any other information (date, designation, rank, etc.) in the box.
- In the Father’s Name field, do not include the name of the husband.
- Do not use initials or shorten your name.
- If you already have a PAN, don’t apply for another.
3. For further information, please contact:
- Please contact the PAN/TDS Call Center at 020 – 27218080.
- Please contact us via e-mail at: email@example.com
- Visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html to check the status of your application.
- Protean e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, Mantri Sterling, 5th Floor, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016
- To check the progress of your application, text NSDLPAN 15 digit Acknowledgement No. to 57575.