1. List of things to do
- Make an application for a PAN by filling out ‘Form 49AA’.
- Fill out the application in English block letters.
Please provide two current color pictures (size 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm).
- Please sign the box inside the box.
- If the application form includes a left thumb imprint, get it confirmed by a Magistrate, a Notary Public, or a Gazetted Officer under official seal and stamp.
- In the application, supply the right AO code.
- As required by Rule 114 (4) of the Income Tax Rules, 1962, attach proof of identity (POI) and proof of address (POA). The POA must include the address listed on the application form.
- Provide the POI and POA with names that are precisely the same as what is specified in the application.
- In column 14 of the application form, give information about the Representative Assessee (if applicable under Section 160 of Income Tax Act, 1961).
- If a Representative Assessee is appointed, also submit POI and POA for the Representative Assessee.
- Fill provide the whole postal address in the application, including the landmark.
- In the address form, be sure to include the relevant ZIP code.
- In the application form, including your phone number and e-mail address.
2. List of things to Don´t
- Make no changes to the program or replace it.
- The picture should not be pinned or stapled.
- Signing across the box is not permitted (i.e. signature should be within the box).
- Do not offer POI and POA that are not in the applicant’s name.
- Along with the signature, do not enter any other information (date, designation, rank, etc.) in the box.
- In the Father’s Name field, do not include the name of the husband (in case of a female applicant).
- Do not use initials or shorten your name.
- If you currently have a PAN, do not apply for a new one (go here to correct/reprint your existing PAN card).
3. For further information, please contact:
- Please contact the PAN/TDS Call Center at 020 – 27218080.
- Please contact us via e-mail at: email@example.com
- Visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html to check the status of your application.
- Protean e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, Mantri Sterling, 5th Floor, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016, India.
- To check the progress of your application, text NSDLPAN 15 digit Acknowledgement No. to 57575.